Posse is always looking for the best talent to join our team. We are a growing organization located in ten cities with career opportunities for highly qualified and experienced individuals who believe in what we do. Please visit this page to check if we’ve posted new job opportunities. Posse also lists jobs on Idealist, The Chronicle of Higher Education, The Chronicle of Philanthropy and other higher education career postings.
Posse National (New York, NY)
The Senior Accountant will report directly to the CFO/CAO. This position will work closely with the accounting manager and rest of the accounting team playing a key role in the accounting department.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Reviews GL accounts and verifies allocations, postings, reconciles transactions, and resolves discrepancies
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; and reconciling entries
- Prepares benefit distribution JE
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Assists in the payroll process and prepares and enters all payroll JE
- Prepares PTO accruals JE
- Prepares invoice distribution of employee benefits
- Supports budgeting process
- Supports external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors, etc.
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification a plus
- Five years of accounting experience
- Broad knowledge of general accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously, and be deadline oriented
- Initiative and analytical skills are mandatory
- Demonstrated skills in the utilization of automated financial systems including generated reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Outlook, database management, internet research, e-mail and basic computer skills are required
- Financial Edge accounting system and ABM a plus
- Demonstrated belief in Posse’s mission and values
To Apply: Please send your résumé and cover letter to:
Chabeli Lajara , Receptionist
Fax: (212) 405-1697
Attn: Senior Accountant
The Posse Foundation, Inc.
14 Wall Street, Suite 8A-60
New York, NY 10005
Deadline for submission of application is Friday, December 11, 2015.
no phone calls please
The Posse Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Other ways you can help
Thanks to its first-rate fiscal and fundraising management, The Posse Foundation has earned the prestigious four-star “exceptional” rating from Charity Navigator. Donate
Posse Scholars and alumni worldwide are making a tremendous impact on campus, in their communities, and in the workforce. Learn more about how you can share in the Posse experience:
Know an amazing student? We want to know them, too. Learn About the Nomination Process
Posse is always looking for the best talent to join our mission. If you're interested in working with us: View Our Open Positions