8th Annual National Posse Alumni Leadership Conference – July 23, 2016
- More than 200 alumni, staff and guests gathered in New York City to attend the National Posse Alumni Leadership Conference, which was sponsored by Goodwin Procter and The New York Times.
- Posse President and Founder Deborah Bial delivered an engaging presentation about some of the most pressing issues involving diversity in the workplace
- In workshops inspired by PossePlus Retreats, alumni participated in engaging conversations about how personal backgrounds and identities shape the values one brings to the workforce. They also worked together to come up with possible strategies and action plans for how they can influence their workplaces to be more inclusive.
- The 2016 Ainslie Alumni Achievement Award was presented to Lafayette College Posse alumna Laquan Lightfoot in recognition of her exemplary leadership experience and commitment to serving her community as an assistant district attorney in Philadelphia.
- Representatives from several Posse Career Program partners joined networking sessions with Posse alumni working within their fields.
- Posse welcomed panelists from its graduate school affiliates and major fellowship programs to offer alumni practical advice about pursuing graduate degrees and career advancement.
Christian Aparicio (Claremont McKenna Posse 2, Los Angeles) “It’s a great way to connect to alumni from around the country, refuel and be a part of the stories Posse alum will be telling next year. You never know what connections you’ll make here.”
Shawn Jenkins (Franklin & Marshall Posse 2, New York) “For me it’s refreshing and energizing to see this alumni network in action. You hear about it, but you rarely get to see it. I personally feel inspired by the sense of connectedness.”
Einah Pelaez (Lehigh Posse 2, New York) “The conference gives me a chance to re-experience what Posse is all about. If a group like this gathered every day, we’d have a better country.”
Latest NewsSpring 2017
This spring, Posse launched the Jeff Ubben Posse Fellows Program, established in recognition of Posse’s former board chair who served from 2007 to 2016.Winter 2017
Even before arriving on Texas A&M University’s campus as a freshman last year, Milton G. had an impressive resume.Winter 2017
In October 2016, Posse Houston held its fourth Power of 10 fundraiser, raising more than $300,000 to support Posse Scholars.Winter 2017
In the fall of 2016, Posse Houston began recruiting for its newest partner, Wellesley College.Winter 2017
Vassar Scholar Huy Nguyen excels at balancing his academics and giving back to his community in a meaningful way.